Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Mother’s Day on a budget




 This year, for Mother's Day 2023, I am celebrating on a budget. As I am currently not working, I have been finding ways to appreciate what I already have, rather than going on a shopping spree. I have found that there is something quite special about taking an old, used item and transforming it into something new again.






One of the ways I have been doing this is by "shopping" in my own closet. I have been refreshing items that I already own to get excited about them once more. One idea that worked particularly well for me was adding a $22 bag straps to my collection.






 

This simple addition allowed me to refresh my Hermès Evelyne and vintage Louis Vuitton make-up bag, and I was pleasantly surprised by how much it changed the overall look of each handbag.





By changing the strap, I was able to give myself another option for the Hermès Evelyne, transforming it into a cooler shoulder bag. I also loved how the large acrylic matte chain with gold rings gave me the chance to mix metals with the silver hardware on the bag. 










Overall, I found that making small changes like this can have a big impact and give old items new life.

No comments: