Sunday, August 26, 2018

How I Invested my Louis Vuitton Return 


Every year, fashion lovers like myself, make a wish list of all the items we are willing to spend our hard earned cash on. Budgeting out money for luxury items takes a lot of saving, and of course by than the items are sold out. 

After obsessing over the Louis Vuitton Archlight Sneakers for months, seeing them in magazines, and seeing all the influencers rocking them, I  was ready to purchase them from the secondhand market.  Before I made purchase I decided to check back on Louis Vuitton website to see if they were back in stock.  To my surprise they where back in stock in a few new colors.  

Finally, after months of staking my wish list item is on it way.  All I could think about is rocking the hell out of them.  How stylish I was going to look.  How I going to be the first chic in my crew with them.


After receiving the LV Archlight, buyers remorse set in.  So I’ve decided to give myself 30 days to hustle up the money,  either selling something’s online, working some overtime or getting my husband to buy them or all the above. No matter how hard I tried, I could not justify the cost.  No matter how I got the money or where it came from I still could not see myself wasting that much on a pair of sneakers.

Eventually, I decided to return the sneakers for full refund. Instead of investing into the latest fashion trends, I transferred the money into brokerage account and purchase some stock. I have only transferred a little over $1000 so far I brought 4 investments.   


 2018 Financial challenge update

No comments: