Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Vintage shopping in Amsterdam

I love shopping but there is nothing like vintage shopping. While in Amserdam I found great Vintage Shop.
1953 Retro & Chic
Staalstraat 2, Amsterdam
Do not let the small size fool you, this small space is cramed with vintage gems. Once inside you’ll find yourself in a boudoir from a bygone era. This shop has many rare items, spanning the period from 1800's to 1980's. Dresses, skirts, shoes, hats, jackets, bags, elegant antiquities and even some men’s clothing downstairs. Prices range from inexpensive to more expensive, given that the owner gets some of these rare garments from London and Paris. This place is a must see.
I could not believe I found this rare Sun Visor from late 1940's to early 1940's in great condition. I was told that it was made by a famous Hat shop in Amerserdam. I fell in love first sight.. I did not know how.when or with what I was going to wear it with I just knew I had to have it.
I pair it with my vintage 1970's straw Handbag and Vegas Volt lipstick by Mac.

There is nothing like breathing new life back into a Rare Vintage find. Can't wait to see what I find next year....

Post a Comment